In an ongoing effort to shamelessly steal amusing ideas from other people (in this case Keith Harris at Cosmic America), I ask you … who would you rather have on your side?
Now, Keith gave a choice obvious to many people: Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee. I think it’s time to test the boundaries here. So I give you the following choices:
1. George H. Thomas or James Longstreet
2. Frederick Douglass or Martin Delany
3. JEB Stuart or Phil Sheridan
4. William T. Sherman or Nathan Bedford Forrest
5. Clara Barton or Anna Dickinson