Elsewhere in the world of history, heritage, and memory, we didn’t want to overlook the following:
- There’s been quite a discussion about the decision to change the name of a high school. Fans of Nathan Bedford Forrest found themselves on the losing end of this one.
- H. K. Edgerton continues to draw attention and garner free publicity.
- The UDC welcomes members who are descended from slaves impressed to work for the Confederate military. What does “service” mean? Was impressment “service”?
- Here’s a rather interesting study of what some of the seceding states said was their reason for seceding. I presume we will accept that these people knew what they meant.
- Is the United States Army still going to war against Lee and Jackson?
- Never say I didn’t point to a positive action on the part of the Virginia Flaggers.