It’s so hard to choose sometimes …
Want to know about slavery?
Slavery, was not my idea, was it yours, I did not own any,did any of you, I bet you cannot locate one single living person in America that owned a black slave, call me if you can. Oh, in my early life I kinda thought a couple of times they were talking about me, as I was working like a slave, but no, I was wrong, just some of my old memories were apparently coming through.
Yeah, we have the Eagles, Giants, Saints, what bout dem Mississippi Slaves, dem boys is good, score 47 points on dat dare field. Or , oh no, Redskins, how can you call them players R-E-D-S-K-I-N-S, we can call them, Panthers, or Bears, or Seahawks, or Dolphins, or Colts, or Indians, or RFeds, or sumpen, but not Redskins. BULLSHIT, LET’S CALL IT THAT.
Folks, have you heard about the illegal Immigration issues, and by the way, Obama says not to call the terroists, call them foreign combatants, u know wat I mean, just pretend along with me, use modern feel good names as we do not want to bomb ISIS unless we get an invitation. Yes, I suppose them invitations to come over and bomb the combatants is not a Hallmark Card is it.
Listen, modern day Morons and Morenesties, wake up, slavery was a biblical issue long before Starbucks was founded. Yeah, before Aunt Jemima pancakes, the plantations, and all that stuff, their was slavery. Before Dixie, and Cotton, Rice and Jambalaya, their were slaves. before America their were slaves. Eqypians, Greeks, Romans, Indians, Japaneses, Chinese, Pre Columbian civilizations all had slaves. AMERICA DID NOT INVENT THIS.
Good to know.
And then there was this:
The South seceded for many different reasons, slavery was part and parcel , but by no means No.1, I could also say, Southern women were a reason, or Southern Children, Or Southern Trees and flowers, or Southern farms, or Southern Rivers, or Southern Lakes, Pecans, Peaches, Palm trees, all are some of the reasons.
Want a list? Here’s your list:
THE COLLECTIVE SIGNIFICANT REASONS FOR SOUTHERN STATES TO SECEDE WAS( ONLY A FEW LISTED, AN UNKNOWN LIST OF MANY MORE COULD BE ADDED).
Place your weight on each as you see fit, or add more reasons, but this was a complex issue, NOT A SINGULAR ISSUE.
* Independence from the Federal Central government which Southerners generally felt were biased in their dealings with the Southern states.
Most Southerners believed in pro-states rights, that each state was an independent nation, free to print it’s own money, run it’s government, make it’s own
laws, and basically be an independent nation exempt from outside interference. Lincoln was the last straw to many who wanted the state to be left alone and
now felt threatened more than ever by the noose that the federal government under Lincoln was likely to place around their necks.
* Independence from the Northern people who were at odds culturally with the Southern people in almost every way.
* Independence from Federal Tariffs and taxes.
* A belief that the lives of Southerners would be further controlled and harmed negatively after Lincoln was elected.
* A belief that life and commerce in the South would benefit from not having Northern interference or control.
* A fear of free black men running loose across the South and raping, looting and murdering whites, if a law was passed allowing an instant release of the
* A feeling of economic harm to many portions of the Southern agricultural business if slaves were freed.
* A dislike of the North in many ways, one primary reason was a perception of an anti-Christian attitude and lifestyle of Northern people in general,
and this feeling is relative and exists today.
* As many independent reasons and thoughts as man can perceive or consider. The very idea of getting out from under the central government had been
discussed, talked about, proposed, discussed and considered since the nations founding 80m plus years previous. It was not a new idea, Lincoln was the
newest fear, and the likely hood is, had the secession not had happened, Lincoln would not have freed the slaves, although I do suspect it would have
eventually happened piecemeal as a result of efficiency and economics with new technology being introduced that would have made slavery obsolete.
NOW, I AM DOUBTFUL THAT THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BITTEN THE FRUIT OF SLAVERY IS THE ONE AND ONLY REASON FOR THE WAR AND ALL THAT WENT WITH IT, WILL NEVER STOP
TO TRY AND LEARN THE DEEP AND VARYING POSITIONS THAT SOUTHERNERS HAD IN 1861 ACROSS ALL THE DIFFERENT SOUTHERN STATES, BUT INSTEAD CHOOSE TO ONLY USE THE STATEMENTS OF A FEW AS THE ABSOLUTE REASON AND CAUSE, AS IT WAS NOT THAT SIMPLE, AND YOU WHO PERPETUATE YOUR MYTH, YOUR LIE, DO HISTORY AND AMERICA A GREAT DISSERVICE.
Seems to me that a lot of those reasons in the end are reduced to saying that white southerners who favored secession did so because they wanted to protect slavery and feared the consequences of emancipation. After all, even the issue of the tariff reminds us that the plantation economy, which relied on exports, was made possible by slavery … and so white southerners wanted a national policy that favored its regional economic interest.