After a long lull in Confederate heritage episodes, things are starting to pick up again, with the 150th anniversary of the surrender at Appomattox just on the horizon. There’s the usual assortment of miscellany …
- The great Texas SCV licence plate controversy has finally reached the Supreme Court. No word as to whether Clarence Thomas will say anything. Whatever. I think placing a Confederate flag by an exhaust pipe is fitting.
- Apparently some people are offended by hoop skirts. Really? Obama must be to blame.
- At the University of Mississippi, Chancellor Dan Jones learns he’ll be leaving, not voluntarily, and Confederate heritage peeps think it’s all about them.
- Pat Godwin and the Friends of Forrest are getting a lot of attention lately. No word yet on whether Susan Hathaway still supports her good friend. After all, Pat’s taking a page out of Susan’s playbook.
- Connie Chastain’s upset. Actually, that isn’t news. She’s always upset. Looking at this, and this, and this, who can blame her? Even she admits she needs help. That’s the first step, right?
- However, Connie’s found friends in California. After all, didn’t she make the same argument about the US flag and racism? Or is the problem that Confederate heritage people can’t remember what they say, and then claim that they don’t mean what they say? They’ve offered the same arguments before.